May 17, 2010

Lie your way to success

Relevant news article: Telling fibs a sign of future success in children

Wow, this is some kind of news. :)
If you were good at lying as a kid, the chances of being successful now, and in the future, is higher. You should probably go through the news article, cuz I really found it funny how the kids tried to convince that they weren't lying.

As far as the science and reality factor in this research goes, I agree with it. Its important to be able to lie convincingly at work. For example, say "I will give it a shot" instead of "It can't be done." I know it isn't a very good example of a lie, but I'm finding it hard to get an example even though I am pretty sure I've lied a lot. :P

However, one needs to be able to draw the line when the lie is going out of hand. Lying like crazy is going to do more harm than good. Saying "my mom is not well, and I need to go home" to take the day off is acceptable if used rarely. However, after taking the day off, if you build on the lie and say that "condition is critical" or "have to admit her in ICU" or exaggerated stuff like that (to take another 2 weeks off), then you know you have definitely crossed the line. (You're so far past the line, you can't even see the line. The line is a dot to you. :P 5 points for guessing where this dialogue comes from without using Google.)

Happy lying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment